Leading construction material manufacturer and distributor Saint Gobain has unveiled its experience centre in Kenya Capital Nairobi seeking to give superb tailor-made service to customers.
Made to be informative and engaging, the experience center is fitted with digital access points to enhance practical experiences.
“The experience center in Kenya aims to be a place where our different stakeholders within the construction sector feel welcome, a place where they can share expertise and where we can listen to their needs,” says Sachin Ramkasoon, Business Development Director for East Africa.
Comfort has been given top priority at the experience centre with a mobile application, which enables the visitor to experience various acoustic performances of conventional wall compared to Gyproc walls.
The building itself has been designed to depict Saint-Gobain’s innovative solutions.
From the floor to the ceiling and walls, the experience center and office space incorporate different Saint-Gobain materials that express comfort. The flooring area has been coated with Saint-Gobain Weber self levelling screed.
Saint-Gobain Gyproc and Ecophon acoustic ceiling panels were installed to improve acoustic. Visitors will also be surprised to discover laminated glass solutions that can switch from translucent to transparent immediately thanks to a liquid crystal.
In Kenya, Saint Gobain solutions are evident in areas such as:
- The new Booking.com offices that have been fitted with Ecophon Solo™ acoustic ceiling panels. It creates open spaces where people can work and perform with minimum noise.
- The Palazzo which has been dressed with about 8000 m2 of Saint-Gobain glazing.
- The new Uber offices benefited from Saint-Gobain partitions and insulation solutions.
- The IMAX Cinema at Garden City has been constructed with Saint-Gobain drywalls, insulation and ceiling systems.
- In 2017, as part of the Water and Sanitation Service Improvement Project, Saint-Gobain PAM provided 45 km of pipes to supply water and sanitation services to Mombasa, Gongoni, Kakuyuni, Malindi and Kilifi.
Saint Gobain has helped in job creation and offers a wide range of training courses to boost skills among professionals within the construction industry.
We have already trained 170 since the start of the year mainly within the construction industry. Our training has concentrated around installation of ceilings, drywalling and insulation,says Mr Ramkasoon.